Tonight I made halibut (from Costco). We like halibut, but I find it hard to come up with new ways to cook it. This recipe was just okay:
- I used a lot less capers than was called for.
- I use turkey bacon (usually Wille Bird, but this time it was Dietsel) for the vinaigrette.
- Halibut with Fried Capers and Lemon (Food & Wine, June 2003, p. 126)
- Parmesan Orzo (orzo pasta with a little butter and parmesan cheese)
- Spinach salad with hard-boiled egg and Smoked Bacon Vinagrette (Festive Favorites, p. 51)
Wine: Konrad & Co. 2002 Sauvignon Blanc (Marlborough, New Zealand). Nice. Great nose, citrus and pear.